Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Peach Plum Galette

I had some peaches and plums sitting on the counter top ripe and ready, waiting to be used up. I had been 'eyeing' this recipe for sometime and with a bit of pie pastry sitting in the fridge I was ready to go. Wasn't until I chatted with Trish and she asked if I would post this recipe that I had even thought of my camera! We had enjoyed some of this rustic looking pie at supper but thot I'd take a pic anyway and post it. It was ever so delicious esp with a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt.

Peach Plum Galette

1 1/2 cups nectarines cut up in wedges, I used peaches
1 cup plums cut up in wedges
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 refrigerated pie crust

1 large egg white, lightly beaten
2 tsp granulated sugar

Heat oven to 425. You'll need a 15 x 11" rimmed baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Combine fruit, 1/4 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon and almond extract.
Unroll pie crust (I had leftover pie dough so I just eye balled the size, approx 9 or 10" in diameter) onto parchment lined pan. Place fuit mixture in center leaving a 2 1/2" border around the edges. Fold edges of crust over filling, pleating and pressing dough together gently to hold shape. Brush dough edges with beaten egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake 15 minutes then reduce oven temp to 375 and bake for 20 minutes. Cool 10 min.
Very good served warm with whipped cream, ice cream or frozen yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment