Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bread for the Journey



Good Sunday morning to all of you who join us here today. Sometime today or this week in a quiet place I'd like to encourage you to write your own Psalm to God. To inspire you here is Psalm 121 and then my own Psalm (Sacred Song) to God.

Psalm 121 (ESV)

My Help Comes from the LORD
I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.

Ellen's Psalm
You oh Lord are my God and my redeemer.
Your hand has been on me all my life.
You continue to lead and guide me with gentleness and love.
You have opened my eyes to your majesty.
When I see the cloud covered hills beyond the carpet of flowers
I marvel at the power and beauty of your creation.
I look, I see, and I stand in awe of you because of your beauty.
You are above me and you shield me and you care for me.
You allow me to lay my head down in peace and rise up again to praise you.
I praise you Lord for your beauty and your majesty!
Have a day filled with seeing God's beauty and being in awe of Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment