Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

Tomato Soup Cake

Not long ago one of my co workers arrived at my desk at work with several fresh warm
slices of Tomato Soup loaf....just because. I had not had it in years. I know it sounds rather odd 
to have Tomato soup in a cake, but you'll just have to take my word...it is so good.
It can be made in an 8x8 cake pan, 1 loaf pan or a muffin tin.
Thanks Deb....I enjoy sharing our love for baking together.

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp margarine
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tin tomato soup
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp cloves
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
Method:
  1. Stir together Tomato Soup and baking soda. It will foam up. stir well until the foam settles.
  2. Cream together margarine, eggs and sugar.
  3. In a separate bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Add alternately with soup mixture to the creamed mixture. Add raisins and nuts if using.
  4. Pour into greased pans. Bake @350 ยบ. 35 minutes for 8x8. 50 minutes for 1 loaf pan. 15-20 minutes for muffins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment