Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Lime Jello Salad

Many years ago my sister in law gave me this delicious recipe that uses an interesting ingredient. You can use any flavor of jello, mandarin oranges instead of fruit cocktail added to orange jello is very nice too. I used to make this jello salad for Sunday lunch, especially when we had company joining us. It can be prepared the day before serving. This salad would be a wonderful addition to the Easter dinner menu.

  • 1 cup hot water

  • 1 small package lime jello

  • 1/4 cup mayo

  • 1 cup minature marshmallows

  • 1 cup whipping cream, whipped (I sweetened it with 2 tbsp icing sugar)

  • 1 small can of fruit cocktail, drained


  1. Dissolve jello in hot water.

  2. Whisk in mayo until blended, and chill in fridge till it resembles egg whites, I let it sit for 45 minutes.

  3. Once chilled, fold in the whipped cream, marshmallows and fruit cocktail.

  4. Refrigerate until serving time.

No comments:

Post a Comment