Search This Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Corn Cheese Bake

Another great recipe from my sis in law. I had some extra corn on the cob so I used that but frozen or canned corn works too. A very nice vegetable side dish for any meal and it is something that can be prepared ahead of time and baked just before supper. Always a great idea when company is coming. I started gathering all the ingredients...the green pepper just picked from my garden. You need cooked corn for this recipe so if you are using corn on the cob..well that's where you start..so hurry, go cook the corn!

2 cups corn, drained and cooked

2/3 cup milk

2 eggs, beaten

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup shredded cheese(I used TexMex)

1/4 cup minced green and red pepper

1/2 tsp salt

dash black pepper, or to taste

dash crushed red pepper, if you don't like too much of a 'bite' just omit it

Pour into greased casserole dish and sprinkle with a mix of 1/2 cup cracker crumbs(12 crackers) and 2 tbsp melted butter. Bake at 350 for 45 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment