Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Peach Buttermilk Icecream

Need something refreshing on a hot summer day?
Try this Peach Buttermilk Ice Cream. . .it's tangy and mouth watering.

4 large ripe medium peaches
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups buttermilk
1 cup whipping cream


  1. Line a loaf pan with plasic wrap.
  2. Peel the peaches and puree until smooth.
  3. Add the lemon juice to the peaches.
  4. Mix together the sugars, buttermilk, whipping cream and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
  5. Pour into an icecream freezer.
  6. Add the peaches .. .and let the freezer do its thing until it has become a soft serve.
  7. Transfer to the loaf pan.

The source I used was Homecooking.about.com .. . I added the whipping cream. . since I had some to use up. This source offers alternate freezing instructions if you do not have an icecream freezer.


I imagine this recipe would be wonderful with blackberries that are just beginning to ripen in our back field. . .


I've been asked to bring dessert to a BBQ tonight. . . I have blackberries, blueberries and of course the peaches. . .oh my. . so much summer fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment