Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Spaghetti Casserole


This is a simple casserole with lots of flavor. I usually make several and freeze one for a busy day.
Cook 200 grams of pasta. ( I used whole wheat spaghetti broken into pieces)
Meat Sauce
  • 2 lbs hamburger
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 minced onion
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup chopped peppers ( I had frozen mixed pre chopped peppers in my freezer )
Saute vegetables in oil and add meat. Fry until meat is browned. Drain any excess fat.
ADD and simmer
  • 2 680 ml cans of tomato sauce
  • 2 tbsp chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil
  • 2 cups tomato juice
  • 2 large chopped fresh tomatoes
I added fresh parsley, oregano and thyme form my herb pot. If you don't have fresh add dry spices. I also add 1/4 tsp of dry chili peppers.
Simmer for 1/2-1 hour.
Combine pasta and sauce in a large casserole and top with grated cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes.
I made Anneliese's french bread with this, and Caesar salad.
Good comfort food on a drizzly day.

No comments:

Post a Comment