Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2008

Bavarian Apple Torte

I love the combination of fruit and cream cheese, but there are those in my family who don’t care for it, so I can’t make this cake as often as I’d like to. Since that is the case, I thought I’d better post it on this rare occasion that I had an excuse to make it. I got the recipe from my friend Karin, many years ago when we used to get together for coffee while our kids played. I’ve modified the recipe somewhat.

Ingredients:
1/2 c butter
1/3 c sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
2 – 8 oz pkg.cream cheese
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
3 c thinly sliced apples
½ c sliced almonds

Base: Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Blend in flour. Spread dough on bottom and a little up the sides, of a 9 or 10” spring-form pan.
Filling: Beat softened cream cheese and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Pour into pastry-lined pan.
Topping: Mix together sugar and cinnamon. Toss apples in sugar mix and spoon mixture over cream layer or arrange in orderly pattern and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Top with almonds. Bake at 400F for 10 min. Reduce temp to 375F. Continue baking 45 min. Cool slightly before removing rim of pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment