Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2008

Choco/Raisin Brownie Cookies.

I know I know...another chocolate chip cookie recipe?!!!!

What does one do when it is a rainy Friday evening, the family is all out and you've finished your 'to do' list for the weekend ahead? You decide to create something in the kitchen. Well, you know I HAVE to have chocolate chip cookies for the next week's lunches and I am always game for something different. I found a recipe on all recipes but it just wasn't quite what I was wanting....so I experimented. YAY! It turned out rather nicely. Now...where are those boys to try them out?! Sigh..guess I will have to take a bite or two before I post.

Ingredients:
(makes about 5 doz. - I'm sorry but I tend to make big batches!
Just divide measurements in half for smaller amount)

  • 5 squares semi-sweet chocolate
  • 1 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 2 tsp baking pwd.
  • 8 tbsp cocoa pwd.
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • 1 cup raisins
In the microwave or a double-boiler, melt the chocolate squares and butter. Meanwhile, beat together the egg, vanilla, and sugar until they thicken. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Combine the dry ingredients, then beat them into the batter just until blended. Fold in the nuts, chocolate chips, and raisins, then refrigerate the dough for an hour. Roll the dough into balls and flatten them slightly. Bake at 325 for 13 to 15 minutes, just until the puff. They get firmer as they cool...and the tops crinkle lovely!!!!! These are so good....even I had to try them...and everyone knows I would much rather sit down to a slice of good cheese and farmer's sausage than anything sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment