Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2008

Easy Slow Cooker Thai Curry Beef

If I have too many 'things on the go' in my kitchen, I bring out that slow cooker. This curry can be made on the stove top as well, adjust instructions accordingly. This is my version of Thai beef which can be a simple and spicy addition to rice, noodles or salad.

INGREDIENTS:

Missing from the photo: Lime Juice and Coconut Milk (ooops :)


  • 1 1/2 lbs lean stew meat or steak sliced thinly

  • 1 tsp ground ginger, garlic and coriander chutney (or more if you like) (I always have coriander chutney on hand but in it's stead you may use 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander. The chutney I keep is really just ground corriander with salt, garlic and lemon juice. You may make your own in a blender and keep in fridge for several weeks)

  • 1 tsp hot pepper sauce (more or less to taste)

  • 1 tbsp soy sauce

  • 1 red pepper chopped (I keep chopped peppers frozen in my freezer for such recipes)

  • 1 onion sliced thinly into strips

  • 1 can coconut milk

  • 3 tbsp vegetable oil

  • 1 tbsp curry pwd.

  • 2 tbsp flour

  • 1 tsp lime juice
Toss the beef strips or lean stew meat in the flour with salt and pepper to taste. Place in slow cooker which has been sprayed with vegetable spray. Add remaining ingredients. Set on low for 6 to 8 hours (I find slow cookers really vary) or 3 to 4 hours on high. Drain any juices and reserve to thicken as a sauce depending on how you wish to serve the beef. You may either serve with sauce over rice, udon noodles or rice noodles. This may also be served cold in a salad of crispy greens with avocado, mango and thinly sliced romaine.



No comments:

Post a Comment