Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lemon, Cheese and Honey Tart


You are going to LOVE these little tarts! If you like a touch of lemon and the hint of cinnamon let this middle eastern dessert tantalize your senses as it bakes and cools in your kitchen. Years ago I was treated to a slice of a delightful cheese tart...not too sweet and a cross between an egg and cheese tart. I've looked and tried similar recipes but without success....until today. I seriously modified a recipe I found on Global Gourmet and ended up with something very similar to the tart that I first tasted years ago. More importantly, it went over well with the guys at home...what more could I ask?!

I made 18 mini-tarts...but this is enough for a 'pie' which was how it was served to me. If using it in a pie I would use a deep crust and not a sweet crust. For this posting I used pre-made tart shells from the frozen section of the grocery store.

Pastry (your own but not toooooo sweet now)

Filling:
  • 1 cup of cottage cheese
  • 6 tbsp sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 tbsp honey
  • finely grated rind of 1/2 lemon
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon.

Partially bake your pastry shell...about ten minutes in a 350 oven. Remove from oven

Place ingredients of filling into food processor. Blend until smooth. Fill tart cups full - they will sink in the middle later. Lower oven to 200. Bake tarts for 30 minutes or until firm and top is golden brown and puffed up. Serve plain...the simple cheese and lemon infused with the cinnamon/honey will be all that you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment