Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cream of Wheat Pudding for Obstsuppe/Fruitsoup

My fruit soup is very similar to Charlotte's but I do
cook it about an hour longer with less water,
so I guess it's according to taste and what you are used to.
Today I also added a can of canned cherries at the end.
Oh, and I might add that I chop up the fruit before cooking,
because it really expands while cooking.
Cream of Wheat Pudding is very healthy (calcium and iron)
and tastes good warm or cold. We love to scoop it into Obstsuppe for a nice dessert.
Ingredients:
3 cups milk
1/2 cup cream of wheat
2 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs
2 Tbsp sugar (again)
1 tsp vanilla
Bring milk to a boil. Add cream of wheat and 2 Tbsp sugar,
stir and cook until thick, about 4-5 minutes.
In separate bowl mix eggs, 2 Tbsp sugar and vanilla well,
then stir into cooked pudding in the last minute of cooking.
In the Mennonite cookbook the recipe calls for the egg whites
to be beaten separately with a little sugar( into a meringue)
and then folding it into the pudding.
Sounds good too.




No comments:

Post a Comment