Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vange's Chocolate Chip Cookies


Every Cookbook should have a Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. I was whipping these up this afternoon for our coffee break and took a few pictures ..

I found this recipe in a church cookbook and it was contributed by Vange. Our family has been hooked on these cookies since 1992. We love them. . . so simple always soft and chewy. The different addition is the syrup. . she lists pancake syrup. . .I add Rogers Golden Cane Syrup.

1 cup soft butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2. . . (I use 3) tablespoons syrup
2 farm fresh eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups of all purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chip cookies

Mix ingredients in given order. . .you know .. cream the butter, add the sugars and then the egg, vanilla and then the dry ingredients.


Use an ice cream scoop that has a scraper in it. . to make balls of dough. No need to flatten, the butter helps with that.


Bake about 9 minutes. . .the recipe says 7 but I make my cookies bigger. .


Bake at 375 F. Make sure you oven is preheated really well, it will bake the cookies more even.


I often bake mine at 350 convection.


Enjoy. . no kidding. . my beloved just called from the barn and he's on his way in for coffee. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment