Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2008

Einback (Plain Buns)

Einback (Plain Buns)

1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp yeast
4 cups lukewarm water
Mix this together in large bowl and let stand for 1/2 hour.

Add:
3/4 cup oil, I use canola
3 large eggs, beaten till foamy
1 tbsp salt
12 cups flour (approx)
Mix well and knead till dough is soft and smooth. A friend once told me that you know the dough is ready when you're kneading and it 'squeaks'.
Cover and let rise in warm place until double in bulk. Punch down and let rise again. Punch down again and shape into buns (approx size of a large egg). Place a few inches apart on pan. Cover with tea towels and let rise in warm place until double in bulk.
Bake at 425 for 12 to 15 min.
Remove from oven and let cool on rack.
Yields: approx 4 to 5 doz
This recipe is from my sister and now it's become a favorite of mine.

Sugar Buns

I use some of the plain bun dough to make these treats! Shape dough into small buns, dip in whipping cream then dip in a white sugar and cinnamon mixture, the ratio according to your taste. That's just my way of saying I don't measure that! Place close together in pan, let rise until double in bulk and bake same as plain buns.

These are best when served fresh esp with a good cup of coffee! This was always a delicious treat for us when we came home from school on baking day! Then later I made this for my daughters and now for my g'children.

No comments:

Post a Comment