Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Betty's Oatmeal Cookies




Betty and I had fun chatting today. I did say that I had to get on with baking for lunches. As Betty's recipes NEVER fail and are always a hit...I asked her for one of course. Here is a spectacular Oatmeal Cookie recipe straight from Betty's kitchen. She even baked them way out her way whilst I baked mine. Then she took pictures which showed just WHY she is the baker and why I am not. Hmmm...which to show ...I think that as it was a joint effort, albeit miles apart....I'll combine our photos.



INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup lard
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup coconut
Cream lard and sugars, add egg and vanilla and mix well. Mix dry ingredients and stir into the moist ingredients until well mixed.
Drop with spoon on pan. Bake at 350 for approx 12 min. just until golden in color. Take carefully out of oven and set gently on cooling rack and let sit a few min before removing from pan.
These cookies are crispy on the outside and and tender on the inside..they melt in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment