Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Impossible Pie




I've been watching a number of these 'pies' and pastry recipes on the MGCC blog with great interest but also with fear. Sooner or later I knew I should make one, but I simply cannot make a pie! A couple of weeks ago a colleague, noting with interest this phenomenon of baked goods appearing at work every Monday morning, brought in a armful of old cookbooks and handwritten recipes from her aunt and grandmother for me to browse through. Very interesting books indeed and a good read.

I found a recipe in one book called Impossible Pie. Hmmm...I think. This is something I can do. It looks real simple. So I tried it whilst my boys relaxed over a movie tonight and hey...it worked. It is so simple ...well.. you just won't believe it.

Impossible Pie

  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup coconut

Put all ingredients in blender (food processor). Put on High speed and count to ten slowly. Pour into well greased Pyrex pie plate. Bake at 40 minutes in a 350 oven. After it is baked you have a definite crust, a custard filling and a rich butter coconut topping.

Millie Janzen Market Vendor for 23 years
From City Market est 1892
94th year Cookbook

New Westminster, B.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment