Search This Blog

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Simple Cheesecake Bars

Pre-Christmas baking can be fun....but during the season...those unexpected guests or parties to attend can sometimes be stressful. I like to keep the actual season simple so that I can enjoy it. I'm all about shortcuts to yummy results. This recipe is an oldie but goodie in an old cookbook I bought once at a second hand store. I had forgotten about it but more recently I saw it again in a new magazine called 'Best Loved Cookies and Bars - Taste of Home'. @2008 Reiman Media Group Inc. These are very, very, very rich....I kid you not...so cut into tiny 1 to 1 1/2 inch squares. Last week we baked them and served them for dessert with a drop of cranberry/cherry pie filling on each square...beautiful for Christmas.
Ingredients

  • 1 package yellow cake mix
  • 3 tbsp butter, softened
  • 1 large (or two small) egg
Topping:
  • 1 pkg (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups icing sugar
  • 1 large (or two small) egg
Combine the cake mix, the butter and the egg until it is blended. Spread it into a 9 inch square baking pan.In a separate bowl beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and egg until smooth. Spread it evenly over the batter.Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until centre is hardened. Cool and then cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment