Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fruit Crumb Platz - Gluten Free

This platz is as good as the real thing. In fact, I have served it to
non-Celiacs and they didn't know the difference. That is always my litmus test !
I remember what regular food tastes like and I want my
gluten-free food to taste like the real thing, or I'd rather just do without !!


Recipe for my Fruit Platz

Base -- use gluten-free pastry - recipe found here
Roll out pastry to fit 9"x13" baking pan.

Sprinkle bottom with minute tapioca (I'm sorry, I've never measured but probably about 2 tbsp) If fruit is very juicy, I will sprinkle on a little cornstarch too.)
Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar (more or less to taste)

Fruit - Cover with fresh or frozen fruit (Italian plums are my favorite!)
Then cover with crumb topping.

Crumb Topping

  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown rice flour
  • 1/3 cup Kinnikinnik bread/bun mix (can substitute brown rice flour)
  • 1 pkg Oetker vanilla sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • cream (just enough to make crumbs)

Mix dry ingredients together, then using fingers rub in the butter... then slowly, little by little drizzle cream over crumbs mixing quickly , cutting the cream in with spoon, until you have crumbs forming. It doesn't take a lot of cream so make sure you add it slowly - mixing faster than you are adding!

Crumble the mixture over the fruit.


Bake at 375' until crumbs are golden brown.

(These crumbs can also be used for any fruit crumble dessert - yummy warm with ice-cream!)

No comments:

Post a Comment