Search This Blog

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Black Bean Chicken wings



This recipe is from my friend Vicki. She is an amazing cook. Each time we are guests in their home I look forward to what she will serve. I am never disappointed! I have used this wing recipe for quite afew years now and the recipe is asked for almost each time. I usually buy 2-3 packages of fresh wings and mini drummettes at Costco and divide. When I need an appie it is so easy. Just thaw and bake.


25 chicken wings
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp black bean sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 cup tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic-crushed
1 tsp pepper

Marinade wings in sauce for several hours or over night. Line a baking sheet with foil. Bake @ 300 for about 2 1/2 hours. They get more 'sticky' and flavorful the longer they bake. Every half hour I base with the sauce in the pan and turn the wings. These can be kept warm on low in a crock pot. They are best fresh, but I have baked them the day before and heated in a crock pot or dutch oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment