Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2008

Pineapple Banana Muffins


I wasn't home from vacation for an hour before I starting mixing muffins. After being on the road for some time...we were quite ready for something hot and fresh from the oven. I got this recipe from a gal at church a few decades ago...and we always enjoy them. Trish already posted muffins this morning...so I thought I'd make it 'Muffin Friday' and post my Hawaiian muffins as well.

Pineapple Banana Muffins

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup chopped nuts or raisins
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 eggs
2 cups mashed bananas
1 1/4 cups crushed undrained pineapple
1 cup vegetable oil

    In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

    In separate bowl, beat eggs; stir in bananas, pineapple and oil until blended.

    Add all at once to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.

    Stir in raisins or nuts...I use golden raisins.

    Spoon into large greased muffin cups filling two-thirds full.

    Bake at 375 F (180 C) oven for 20 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.


    Yield...2 dozen large muffins.


    Serve warm with butter...and if you can't finish them all in one sitting, they freeze well.


    Enjoy...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment