Search This Blog

Monday, November 17, 2008

No Knead Cinnamon Buns


I have a book recommendation for you. If you love to bake bread but don't enjoy the kneading process, but do have patience, this cookbook appears to have many wonderful recipes.
Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Herztberg and Zoe Francois. Check out the link to find out more about them and their discovery of no Knead Bread. I don't have the book yet. . .but I have it on my Christmas Wish List. I already checked Amazon and Chapters . .to see where it is available. . My family can contact me for the info. . .

On The Steamy Kitchen Modern Asian Blog you can find the recipe for the dough and the method used below and additional recipes. They have a recipe for Sticky Buns that look incredibly decadent.


No Knead Cinnamon Buns

  • 1 3/4 cup warm water
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons instant yeast
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 4 large farm fresh eggs
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 7 cups all purpose flour
  1. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, water, honey, melted butter, yeast and salt.

  2. Stir well with a wooden spoon.

  3. Add the flour and stir well.

  4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 4 days. Letting it sit in the refrigerator is apparently what gives the dough such a great flavour . .( I believe them)

  5. Take the dough out of the fridge and cream together your filling ingredients.

Filling Ingredients. . .(what I used)


Cream this together well. Roll the dough out. . .I did quite thick, spread the filling on and roll up and slice with a serrated knife.


Now. . . .I put half of them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and put them in the freezer, where I let them freeze and then put them in a ziploc bag. The next day, ( I did this to test for you. . . really we didn't want to eat more). . I took them out at noon. . . .(thinking guests might stop by later on). . .and let them thaw at room temperature and then baked them. . . it took 3 hours from freezer to icing them.


If you don't want to freeze any. . .let the buns rise about an hour. . or until nice and puffy. Preheat your oven to 375. Bake until golden brown.


I made an icing of Icing sugar, heavy cream and again .. .(maple flavouring. . .maybe that is why they taste so good)


I will never need another Cinnamon Roll recipe. . .this one has me reaching for another bun. Oh. . .and would not these be so handy at Christmas? I'm going to try letting them thaw overnight in the refrigerator to bake up fresh on Christmas morning. . or Saturday morning. . . or Sunday morning. . .and then Monday sometimes needs a reason to get up. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment