Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Potato-Chip Cookies

Been looking for this recipe for some time now, having had it at a friend's house many moons ago. She moved on and I forgot. Then...sitting in a fogged in airport (and buying a cookie magazine - of course) I finally found it. This recipe is from "Best & Loved Cookies and Bars - A Taste of Home) and is called Potato-Chip Crunchies. Its not quite the same as the one I remember but it is equally as good. You will see that I changed it up a bit...not having all the ingredients.

Ingredients:

2 cups butter, softened to room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour ( I was running low so I used 3 1/4 cups flour and 3/4 cup ground almonds...okay...that is not quite flour but it turned it into a nice thick dough. So expect your cookie to spread a bit more than mine did if you follow the original recipe.)
1 cup crushed potato chips
1 cup chopped pecans (you might note that there are no pecan chunks in my photo. As I did not have pecans I could 'part' with that day...I used chopped skinless baking almonds...I am thinking the pecans would be a more pretty presentation.)

In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and gradually add the flour while beating. Fold in potato chips and pecans. Drop by tablespoons 1 1/2 apart on baking sheet with parchment paper. I found the dough was thick enough for me to do my usually 'hands-on' rolling into uniform balls. Bake at 350 for 12 to 14 minutes until golden brown. Remove to racks to cool.

NB: As I was afraid the cookies might look a bit plain I took my shortbread stamper...a drinking glass with a pinwheel impression on the bottom .. dipped it in a bowl of sugar and 'flattened' my rolled cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment